Monday, June 8, 2009

Foundations






Let's talk about foundation. I do admit, I haven't tried the high end foundations like MAC, Clinique etc, but for now the drugstore foundation is more than enough for me. Besides Revlon is often compared to MAC, so why do I need to spend close to $30 when I can get almost the same results for around $10 right?

Before I started using Revlon about a month ago, I was actually using Maybelline for close to 7 years. I decided I needed a change to my foundation when Maybelline started to feel a little too heavy on my face especially during the summer time. So after reading many reviews, I decided to purchase the Revlon foundation.

My inital reaction when I went to the Revlon section of CVS was "dang there are alot of colors to choose from." Growing up in Ontario, Canada us Canadian didn't really have alot of the colors/varities for foundations that people here in the US have. So you can expect my reaction when I saw all the colors and different product that CVS had to offer..lol.

As I was going through the colors, I noticed that they had caramel and instantly grabbed that because my Maybelline foundation is in caramel. I ended up getting the colorstay in combination/oily skin and the new complexion one-step compact foundation since CVS had a promotion going on with buy one get one free.

I have now been using these foundations for about a month now and LOVE the colorstay foundation. The colorstay foundation does exactly what it says on the bottle. It stays on your face for 12 hours or more and gives amazing coverage. It doesn't make me look like I have too much makeup on my face. I haven't gotten "oil spots" on my face during the day like I did when I was usuing Maybelline. Throughout the day, I don't even touch up my makeup since it really does stay on my face for a long long time. I would recommed this makeup to anyone who is looking for a great coverage without the heavy feeling. This foundation also blends easily.

The new complexion one-step compact foundation is alrite. The only problem that I have with this foundation is that it smears. Its extremely lightweight and finishes to a powder feel. It has a medium coverage, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who needs a heavy coverage. Otherwise, its a good foundation.

I hope you guys found this review helpful. Remember that no matter what real beauty comes from the inside and not the outside.

0 comments on "Foundations"

Post a Comment

Followers

 

My Blog List

Welcome

Beauty & Beyond Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez